Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's day 2010 was bitter sweet. Since my mom lives in Carson, City NV I couldn't be with her. Our mothers day conversation went a little something like this:
Niki: Hey Mom
Mom: Hang on...(I hear her yelling at Allyson to go potty before she pees on herself) What's up?
Niki:Happy Mother's day!
Mom: Thank you (Now yelling to Aggie to stop messing with Allyson in the bathroom)
Niki: (waiting a few sec) So did you get my card?
Mom: Oh yeah, I got it yesterday, really cute!
Niki: yeah, I thought it was appropriate
(Side note the Card was something about being so alike and not being able to stand each other for long periods of time, but we wouldn't have it any other way)
Mom: Hang on Niki, I gotta get the kids ready.
Niki: Where are you guys going?
Mom: The Carnival, I'll send you some pictures later
Niki: Okay, Love you have fun!
Mom: Okay, Love you!

For any of you that know my mom and the current situation, the above conversation is typical. She's always in a rush taking care of her grand kids. When we do get to talk it's less then 3 minutes and it always entails at least one of the kids grabbing the phone to talk to "my Niki, or Uncle Dennis" We happen to love when that happens!

We headed to Dennis' parents house to have Mother's day Lunch. We had Ribs, salad & potatoes! Dennis' parents are the best cooks hands down! I am seriously blessed to be welcomed into such a loving family.

The day was spent hanging out with the Fam (Stacey & Andrea), a trip to Kmart to get a bathing suit for the river. (May 27- 30) and more hanging out. Seems everyone was camera shy so I've only got 2 pics from Sat.

Correia Mom & kids:
Stacey, Gloria & Dennis


Duffy Mom & kids:
Deborah, Sonjy & Niki


I'm adding this picture, just because it makes me laugh...

1 comment:

  1. Aw, love the pics! Glad you had a good Mother's Day even if you didn't get to spend it with your mom.

    ReplyDelete